Connect with us

Latest

Brazil-Argentina game suspended after health officials invade pitch

Brazil’s corona virus measures state that visitors who have been in the United Kingdom in the 14days before entering the country must quarantine for 14days on arrival.

Published

on

The world cup qualifier between Argentina and Brazil on Sunday night was suspended after Brazilian health officials stormed on to the pitch shortly after kick off in what was termed as a breach of corona virus rules.

The officials wanted four Argentine internationals who plays in the premier league removed for failing to self-isolate after entering Brazil. They included Giovani Lo Celso and Cristian Romero of Tottenham Hotspurs, Emiliano Buendia and Emiliano Martinez of Aston Vila.

Brazil’s corona virus measures state that visitors who have been in the United Kingdom in the 14 days before entering the country must quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

Photo Courtesy

The four players left the pitch and moments later CONMEBOL, South American football confederation confirmed the game, which was 0-0 at the time officials stormed, had been called off by the referee, who will later submit a disciplinary report to FIFA.

FIFA on its part said further details of the suspension will follow after the body’s officials gather evidence from all sides before it decides on the most appropriate course of action.

Photo Courtesy

 

“It should’ve been a footballing spectacle for everyone to enjoy the best players in the world. I’d like the Argentine people to understand that as the national team coach, I have to defend my players. At no point were we notified that our players could not play. We wanted to play the game as did the Brazil players,” Said Lionel Scaloni, Argentina manager.

The suspension comes amid frustrations from majority of the South America countries over corona virus containment measures that prevent their key players from traveling in to the countries to represent their nations.

 

 

Entertainment

Eddie Butita comedy show to air on Netflix

The American series first premiered on Netflix in may 2021 for the first season. It was renewed for the second season in June 2021 and now it has a Swahili version.

Published

on

Eddie Butita is on Netflix as the writer and director of the first Swahili Comedy Show on the platform. The Churchill Show comedian took to social media on Thursday to share the news that the Swahili version of Upshaws, an American Sitcom he had scripted and directed had started airing on Netflix.

He said that he has always wanted to work with Netflix and when the opportunity came he grabbed it with both hands. He went on to say that the Movie production company contacted him to offer him a job as their first Swahili Comedy Writer and Director.

Photo Courtesy

“For the past few months I wrote and directed the Swahili Version of Upshaws created by Wanda Sykes, it was a great experience . The early mornings and late nights together with a team of talented professionals from Hiventhy Africa, we successfully brought the script to life and its now streaming on Netflix,” Butita wrote.

He went on to say that if he wrote and directed for Netflix it means that African Comics have a great chance in the global market.

“You can can now watch Upshaws on Netflix in Swahili, it is the first ever Swahili comedy show on Netflix. History has been made,” shared Butita.

The American series first premiered on Netflix in May 2021 for the first season. It was renewed for the second season in June 2021 and it now has a Swahili version.

Fellow comedians and other Kenyans came out in large number with congratulatory messages for Butita on the large milestone he has made on the global scene.

Continue Reading

Latest

FKF and Harambee Stars coach ‘Ghost’ Mulee part ways

Published

on

On Wednesday night, Football Kenya Federation (FKF) announced that they had agreed to part ways with Harambee Stars coach, Jacob ‘Ghost’ Mulee. The press statement stated that the head coach, his assistant Twahir Muhidin and goalkeeping coach Haggai Azende had reached a decision to part ways on mutual consent.

Assistant coaches Ken Odhiambo and William Muluya will however, remain in the team as FKF seeks to reconstruct the national team’s technical bench. The shocking move comes weeks before a crucial world cup qualifier match against Mali, to be played on October 6th (home) and 12th (away).

In the statement, FKF expressed their gratitude towards Mulee and his departing members of staff for ‘their dedicated service and workmanship’; wishing them well in their future endeavors. The federation also revealed that the search for a new National Team Head Coach is underway and that an announcement would be made soon.

The Kenyan tactician is leaving the national side after a win-less run in the recent matches against Uganda(the Cranes) and Rwanda (Amavubi); 0-0 and 1-1 respectively.

Continue Reading

Latest

UEFA Champions League: Manchester united lose as Bayern cruise past Barcelona

It was a night to remember for Young Boys as they began their Group F campaign with a win  against Manchester United.

Published

on

Yesterday night saw the return of European football; UEFA Champions League. Clubs across Europe kicked off their respective group stage campaigns.

It was a night to remember for Young Boys as they began their Group F campaign with a win against Manchester United. Cristiano Ronaldo put Manchester United in front in the 13th minute with his third goals since rejoining the club.

However, the night couldn’t get any better as Aaron Wan-Bissaka was shown a straight red card after a poor challenge on Christopher Martins. Young Boys used this advantage to level up the match in the 66th minute, through a well worked goal by Moumi Ngamaleu.

Photo Courtesy

The home side did not stop there as they piled the pressure on Manchester United and soon it paid off after a defensive error by Jesse Lingard gifted the host a brilliant, well taken goal by Jordan Siebatcheu to ensure a 2-1 victory in Switzerland.

On the other side, Barcelona were out to revenge their last seasons 2-8 defeat to Bayern Munich. However, Robert Lewandoski’s brace, and Thomas Muller ensured a 3-0 victory for the Bundesliga giants, upsetting Barcelona yet again in Camp Nou, Spain.

Photo Courtesy

Chelsea continued with their unbeaten run with a 1-0 victory against Zenit, a goal scored by Romelu Lukaku in the 69th minute. The game was played at Stamford Bridge in London.

Other results of the night: Sevilla vs Salzburg(1-1), Malmo FF vs Juventus(0-3), Villarreal vs Atalanta(2-2), and Lille vs Wolfsburg(0-0).

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Vibeyetu. A product of Stellan Consult Limited, Publishers of Parents Magazine.